Sunday, November 13, 2011

Venus ProSkin Razor Review

I received this razor in my October Cosmo Vox Box from Influenster, complimentary for me to test through their Vox Box program. Click the link for more information on Influenster.
I purchased this item sometime over the summer at Target, before I even knew of Influenster. I have always used Venus razors, so when they come out with a new one, I usually pick it up. I like Venus razors over other razors for numerous reasons:
*I have a tendency to cut my legs whenever I use a new razor for the first time. I do this less with Venus razors.
*I like the handle shape a lot, and I like how all of the replacement cartridges are interchangeable with the handle.
*The razor blades don't have the little wire guards on them, that causes all of the hair to get stuck inside the blades- I hate that!

What I don't like about Venus razors:
*I usually just repurchase a single razor at a time, because I feel like the replacement cartridges are a lot of money to spend on a razor at one time.
*I don't really care for the disposable razors- but that goes with any razor brand I've tried.

What they say:
Venus ProSkin MoistureRich Razor has shave gel bars enhanced with a triple blend of body butters, which create a layer of protection for your skin with every stroke. Plus, it features the trusted Venus three-blade technology for an ultra-close shave; our rounded, pivoting head for those hard-to-reach places; and an ergonomic handle for great control in wet, soapy environments.


What I say: The shave gel bars are very convenient, and I like that. I can just reach for my razor and shave, no step in between. I am less prone to cut myself with these, as the bars do provide adequate protection. I wish the shave gel bars lasted longer though. When the shave gel bars start to wear down, it does wear unevenly, so at that point I start using shaving cream with them. My favorite Venus Razor is the Embrace one with 5 blades, but this one comes in second. I like how I can use this very quickly to shave if I'm not in the shower- which came in handy during the summer. I do think the pivoting head of the Venus razors help get hard to reach places, better than other brands I've tried- the especially goes for the knee area.

You can find more information and reviews Here, or on Gillette's wesbite Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.