Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ELF Essentials All Over Color Stick and Cover Stick Swatches

These are all $1. At first, I didn't like the All Over Color Sticks at all, but now that it's summer, I've really grown to like them.
These are the ones I own, from L to R:
Cover Stick in Honey, Color Stick in Golden Peach, Color Stick in Pink Lemonade, Color Stick in Persimmon
Honey purchased at eyeslipsface.com
Golden Peach and Pink Lemonade purchased at The Dollar Tree
Persimmon purchased at Kmart.

Swatches:
From L to R: Cover stick in Honey, Golden Peach, Pink Lemonade, Persimmon (With Flash)

Reviews:
All Over Cover Stick in Honey: This is a great product. It's small enough to keep in your purse for touch ups throughout the day. The shade "Honey" has a strange orange undertone to it, however, it seems to blend well and not look orange. This is great for covering acne, and can even be used on under eye circles. The formula is really moist and creamy and blends well.

Golden Peach: I will not be repurchasing this one. The formula is the most dry out of the ones I own, and it's hard to blend. It's also very sheer. The swatch above is very thick. If I use this, I put it on the very top of my cheekbones as a highlight, or I use it as a base for wherever I'm going to apply bronzer. This helps to hold powder bronzer on all day. I'll also occasionally use this for an eyebrow highlight. The color sticks are great for summer though, as they last a lot longer than powder, don't sweat off, and help hold your powder on. It is way too frosty for lips, but it's not bad for eyes. I do find that the Color Stick formula is way to dry to wear on lips, besides the frostiness being an issue.

Pink Lemonade: This one is my favorite Colorstick, and probably the only one I would repurchase. For an incredibly quick makeup look (That is summer sweat proof too!) I'll put this on my cheeks, use the Cover stick on blemishes and throw on waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner on the top lid, with a little bit of a wing. Try ELF's Studio Waterproof Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara and ELF Essentials Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen.
This is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. If you have very fair skin, this may be too harsh. Since this is such a dark pink, it looks almost sickly on eyes. It's way too frosty for lips too.

Persimmon: I just purchased this one yesterday. It looks completely different swatched, then in the tube. It's actually a very light pink/lilac frost, but in the tube it looks brownish.  I'm thinking this is going to be similar to ELF's Studio Shimmer Eye Palette- the product you can use as an eyeshadow base to make your eyeshadow last longer and give it shimmer. This does not make a good color for lips-none of them do though. It could be used as a highlighter too.

For a quick and easy summer makeup look using all of these products, try using the Cover stick on blemishes and under eyes, Golden Peach as a brow highlight, and a cheek contour, Pink Lemonade on the apples of the cheeks, and Persimmon on the eyelids. You can add in mascara, eyeliner or lipgloss to complete the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.