Monday, June 13, 2011

Some Elf Swatches & Mini reviews

All items can be purchased at eyeslipsface.com
These are a few E.L.F. Items I own.

E.L.F. Essentials Brightening Eye Color (Quads)
Butternut is a quad of browns. All four shades are shimmery. Great for brown smokey eye. Shades 2-4 are nicely pigmented. Shade 1 is a highlight. Shade 4 works great if you only want to use one color eyeshadow that day. (I got this as a free gift from E.L.F.)

Drama is by FAR my favorite quad! All the colors are spectacular. Very pigmented, blend very easily, lasts all day without creasing. This is an E.L.F. must have! A friend recommended this to me, so I picked one up. Then, I went with a friend one day and recommended it to her, so she picked one up. Very useful for smokey eyes. Shades 2-4 also make great eyeliner on the lower lid when applied with an angle brush. ( I purchased one at K-Mart, but also received one free from E.L.F.-which was great, since I already hit pan on shade 4!)

This one disappointed me. Shade 1, in the pan, is a glittery white, but it comes out as just a shimmer on the skin, it had no white pigmentation at all. It's also very chalky. Shade 2 is pretty, I do like it, but it's also just like a shimmer-not much color deposit. Shade 3 is supposed to be a purple, but it hardly shows up! It is not pigmented at all! Shade 4 is the only one I love. But, I'm a sucker for black eyeshadow. When I reach for this palette, I usually only use shade 2 and 4. (Purchased from eyeslipsface.com)

While I wasn't that happy with Rocker, at least I grab for it sometimes when doing my makeup. This one just sits there- I never reach for it. Shade 1-where is shade 1? It barely shows up. Shade 2-same. Shade 3 and 4 are so light, you can barely see them also. None of these shades are pigmented well at all. When I wear colored eyeshadow-I like everyone to know I'm wearing a colored eyeshadow! This palette, along with Rocker, may be for those colors who are very fair skinned and can't handle a lot of color, but enjoy color.

E.L.F. Studio Blush and Bronzing Powder in Blushed and Bronzed
I went through the blush so quickly! I only had this about a month before I hit pan, and I didn't use it every day. I've heard that "Blushed" is VERY similar to the Studio line blush in "Candid Coral" and to the Essentials Line Natural Radiance Blusher in "Glow." So, this is the better buy, because you get a bronzer thrown in, practically for free, in comparison to "Candid Coral". I actually really like this bronzer. At first I thought it was too dark, but I realized it wasn't when applied with a light hand. It doesn't make my skin glow at all though. (I use E.L.F. Essentials Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Sun Kissed for that) But it is good for contouring my cheeks and jawline. The blush isn't GREAT, but it's certainly not bad. I probably won't repurchase this though, because I went through the blush so quickly. The blush DOES have some slight glitter in it. (Purchased at eyeslipsface.com)

Eyeliners from the Essentials Line
1. Essentials Liquid Eyeliner in Copper
2. Essentials Liquid Eyeliner in Black
3. Essentials Liquid Eyeliner in Silver
4. Essentials Waterproof liquid eyeliner pen in Coffee
5. Essentials Waterproof liquid eyeliner pen in Plum
1- I didn't know this was going to be a clear eyeliner with copper glitter. I thought it was going to be a copper pigment with copper glitter. I don't really know what to do with this one, except put it over a pigmented eyeliner. So, I put it over black, in the very last swatch. (Purchased at Eyeslipsface.com)
2- A friend recommended this, so I picked it up. I really like this. As you can see in the swatch, it takes a little while to dry, so you have to be careful not to smear it while it's drying. But for a basic, black, liquid eyeliner, you can't beat this for $1. Must have! (Purchased at K-Mart)
3- I don't know why I bought this. I don't know what to do with it! The pigmentation is there, but I don't know where to put this. It looks weird when I line my upper lash line. I thought it would be great for lower lash line, but it was so runny, that I couldn't apply it there. I guess you could use this in the inner corner of your eyes? I never use this. (purchased at eyeslipsface.com)
4- This was actually the first brown eyeliner I've ever purchased! I have been a loyal eyeliner felt-tip pen user since I discovered them in high school. So when I saw these for $1- I freaked out! I usually pay $5-$10 for these at the drugstore. I really like this one. The color is very dark brown, and I like using with brown eyeshadows. May/may not purchase again-might try the essentials liquid eyeliner in coffee next time. (Purchased from eyeslipsface.com)
5- I actually purchased 3 of these, the third one in black, but I cannot find it right now. Plum wasn't purple enough for me, so I might try the new one called "purple" next time. When I opened this one, the tip was more stiff than the other 2, and the ink seems to have dried up a lot quicker-therefore it is more sheer than it started out to be. Will most likely purchase "black" again, but not "plum" (Purchased at eyeslipsface.com)

E.L.F. Essentials Lipstick and E.L.F. Essentials Luscious Liquid Lipstick

1- E.L.F. Essentials Lipstick in Seductive- this is a semi-coral pink shade. It's pretty. But I have to say, the packaging for these resembles those plastic lipstick toys you used to have as a kid. For $1, you really can't complain, because they have great pigmentation and the formula IS creamy. I have heard stories of these breaking upon first use-So, don't push too hard when applying to your lips. Also, I've worn these a few times and noticed they start to travel south, past your lip lines when you have it on for awhile. So, you may want to blot excess off, or line your lips before applying. (purchased at eyeslipsface.com)
2- E.L.F. Essentials Lipstick in Posh- I HAD to get this one because of the name! Posh?! Hello?! :) This is like a cranberry shade. It's very pigmented and can be quite dark. To lighten it, try using a lipgloss over it.
3-E.L.F. Essentials Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Ruby Slipper- I really like this a lot. It's like a lipgloss, but it's pigmented like a lipstick. Best of both worlds?! The best part about it, is that it's like my lip color, only with a red tone. It's very nice. I really like this product! It has a great vanilla mint smell to it also. Very easy application- and very quick for a pigmented lip color. Will most likely repurchase. (Purchased at my local Dollar Tree.) Great buy!

Thank you! Hope this wasn't too overwhelming, as there will most likely be more of these to come, because I have A LOT of E.L.F. stuff, and we all know their swatches on the website aren't ehm.. the best. 
LOVE YOU E.L.F.!

1 comment:

  1. I also got Drama as a free gift and am now thinking to whom could I pimp it off :D. I would have so preferred Butternut...

    ReplyDelete

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.