Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Featured Beauty Blogger: Sarah N.

While Sarah is new to blogging, she's certainly not new to the beautiful world of makeup.
Be sure to check out her beauty blog: Here!

How did you get started wearing makeup?
I originally started wearing makeup when I was about 7. I remember receiving a vanity from Santa one Christmas, and it was filled with Lip Smackers, Glitter, and many child makeup kits. I loved to play dress up, so all of these things came in handy. By the time I was in middle school I had moved on to Almay brand blush and brown mascara and thought of myself to be very grown up and sophisticated. 
It wasn't until my freshman year of high school that I really started experimenting and seeing makeup as more of a form of art, than just something to make you feel and look pretty. I gradually became obsessed with makeup tutorials on Youtube and taught myself most of the tricks I know now. I bought lots of books, (some of my favorites are by Kevin Aucoin and Bobbi Brown.) Then after I graduated high school, I decided I really wanted to pursue makeup as a career, so I began to build up my professional kit. 
I went to a Kandee Johnson "Glaminar" in Miami, that was marketed as a seminar for people who want to be makeup artists.  From there I took classes through Last Looks Makeup Academy, and now I'm a free-lance makeup artist. 
Name one of the first makeup products you remember using, when you first started wearing makeup.
I already mentioned my lip smackers and glitter, so I guess I'll talk about the a product that I used when I first started wearing "adult" makeup. I loved Maybelline Great Lash mascara more than anything else!
Oh no! Your makeup collection is sinking underwater, and you can only save 5 items! What would you save?
First of all, OH MY GOD! Second of all, This question is just evil! Okay hmm. This is really hard for me. I guess I'll have to go with my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, since I just bought it today, and would really like to use it at least once before it sinks underwater; my MAC Studio Sculpt concealer because it covers imperfections like nobody's business; my Sephora Long Last Liquid Eyeliner in Black; my L'Oreal Telescopic mascara in Carbon Black; and lastly I'd have to go with my Bare Minerals blush in Fruit Cocktail. 
Oh no! Your luggage was lost, and your makeup was in it! What would you purchase to get you through your trip?
These questions are making me really paranoid! haha. I've actually had my luggage lost many times.  One time the airline workers even stole $300 in makeup from Sephora from my bag (I actually cried.) But to answer your question, I would purchase a foundation (either Estee Lauder Double Wear or NARS Sheer Glow), MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer, MAC Brow Pencil in Lingering, L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, and a liquid liner of some form. For skin care: I would buy Yes To Carrots Nourishing face kit because it has everything I would need in it.
You just woke up, and you're an hour late for work! You only have time to apply ONE makeup item; what would you choose?
Definitely foundation. I need to have polished skin more than anything else.
Name any items in your makeup collection you've repurchased more than one time.
MAC Studio Sculpt concealer, L'Oreal Telescopic mascara in Carbon Black, Sephora long last liquid liner in black, Benefit Hoola, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, MAC lipsticks in Lady Bug and Angel, MAC Well Dressed blush... 
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. 
What kind of looks do you prefer to do on yourself? Your clients?
On myself, I'll almost always do some form of cat eye; it's just my signature look, I suppose. I'm really loving 'barely there' makeup at the moment, too. 
For clients, I'll do whatever looks nice on them. Everyone is different and some looks that will looks amazing on others, won't do another person justice. I do find that cat eyes look nice on almost every person, though. Classic makeup is probably the most flattering. Brown smokey eyes are lovely, too. 
What's one makeup trend you hate?

I really really really hate "jizz lips." I can't think of any nicer way of putting it. haha. You know when girls (typically the skanky type) wear 'nude' lipcolors but it just ends up lighter than their skin tone and the goopey gloss over the top just makes it look not flattering whatsoever. 
I also hate the orange look. People think bronzer fixes everything nowadays, well, it doesn't. I'm the palest person I know and you couldn't pay me a million bucks to go lay out and get skin cancer or spray tan myself until I'm orange.
Here's Sarah with a glowing, natural look she did on herself.
Here's Sarah with a super glam look, she also did herself.
Lastly, here's a look Sarah did on the lovely Mary Alice.

I met Sarah through my blog, and I encourage you to follower her blog. Not only did she teach herself tips and tricks, but she also has credentials under her brush belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.