Sunday, November 6, 2011

My First Influenster.com Vox Box

After signing up for Influenster.com, I filled out as many, "badges" as I could, and then sort of forgot about it. About a month later, I got an email saying I was selected to get the October Cosmo Vox Box. I was so excited! They said the box would contain, a razor, an acne system, and a body wash.
I got a lot more than I expected- but can I just say last month's box contained WEN?! I want to try that so badly!
I got three full size products (5 if you count the proactive items individually.)

Once you get your box, you're required to check it in on the website, give the products a test run, and then fill out a mandatory survey.



What I got:
-Vitabath Fragrance Collection (retail price = $9.99)
    What they say: All of the products in Vitabath's newest collection of sulfate and paraben free body washes boast a moisturizing formula that leaves skin feeling clean, refreshed and vibrant.  Featuring a nourishing blend of Vitamins A, B3, B5, C, and E, as well as an antioxidant superfruit blend, the Fragrance Collection moisturizes and revives skin with its rich, luxurious lather. INcluded is one of 4 unique fragrances: Spay Day, In Bloom, Fruit Fanatic, or Cupcake Couture.
   What I have to say: The first thing I thought of was, "Oh Man! Cupcake Couture?! Why didn't I get that one?!" But, I have to say my scent- In Bloom, does smell good. I wouldn't say it is that fragrant for a body wash though, it is very lightly scented. However once lathered, the Jasmine and Coconut comes out a lot more. It lathered into a very rich foam, and felt great on my skin. My skin was left feeling very soft, and clean, as they claimed. I think that the moisturizing ingredients-(plus it's sulfate free), would actually work well as a shampoo, but I haven't tried that yet. Even though I really enjoyed this body wash, I probably wouldn't spend $9.99 on it, since I usually don't spend more than $5 on body wash. If I could get it on sale though, I might buy the Cupcake Couture one, as you really do get a lot of product. (I believe it's a 16 oz bottle.)

-Refillable Venus ProSkin MoistureRick Razor (With two replacement cartridges)
(retail price= $9.79, four replacement cartridges = $11.29, six replacement cartridges = $16.81)
   What they say: Venus ProSkin MoistureRick Razor has shave gel bars enhanced with a triple blend of body butters, which create a layer of protection for your skin with every stroke.  Plus, if features the trusted Venus three-blade technology for an ultra-close shave; our rounded, picoting head for those hard-to-reach places; and an ergonomic handle for great control in wet, soapy environments.
   What I have to say:  I bought one of these at Target over the summer and used it. I really liked it- I've always used Venus razors, and usually use the newer ones when they come out. I'm not the type of person who buys razor refills, because I'd rather just buy one razor at a time. Whenever I buy a new razor, I cut myself every single time-this razor actually reduced how many times I cut myself, because of the shave gel bars it has. I like these type of razor with shave gel bars, because they can be used very quickly, but you can still use shaving cream with them for extra protection, if you're a "knicker" like me! My only complaint with this razor, is that the shave gel bars make it slightly bulky, so it's harder to use around the bikini line or under arms. When I used this razor, I saved it for my legs only, because it was easiest to use there. It did leave my legs very smooth.  Overall, I would repurchase this again, because I love Venus razors.

-Proactive #-Step System (30-day system= $19.95) and Instructional Sheet
   What they say:  Renewing Cleanser:  This medicated Renewing Cleanser is made with new, exclusive micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide, featuring smaller, finer particles designed to quickly penetrate pores to start killing acne-causing bacteria on contact.  Tiny exfoliating beads gently remove dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells to help keep pores from clogging.
Revitalizing Toner: This refreshing, alcohol-free toner helps remove impurities and excess oil so your skin looks and feels clean, soft and refreshed -- not tight and dried out.  Soothing botanical agents gently balance your skin tone.
Repairing Treatment:  The repairing treatment is a feather-light medicated lotion that gets deep into clogged pores faster but is designed to be gentler on the skin.  It's an oil-free formula that's safe for your entire face.
   What I have to say: Highschool flashbacks. After struggling with acne as a teenager, my mom signed up for me to get proactive monthly. I'll admit- I don't wash my face everyday, and I didn't then. So one kit lasted me a lot longer than one month. I'd have bottles, and bottles of this stuff in my cabinet- in fact, I still have some bottles of it a box somewhere.  While I still have acne, I was slightly disappointed to receive this in my box, because I have very dry skin, and I remember this stuff drying my face out even more.  But after showering one night and looking in the mirror at all of my blackhead and blemishes, I decided to give this a try.
My thoughts:
Renewing Cleanser: I don't remember this feeling so harsh- those micro scrubbing particles really dig at your skin, and it kind of hurt! But I never exfoliate my face, so this was probably a good thing.  I wish it foamed a little more so the beads glided over your skin. I felt like it scrubbed a little too hard, and had to keep adding water to my face, so I wouldn't over scrub.
Revitalizing Toner: This had more of a gelatinous quality than I remember. It did feel refreshing going on, and dried quickly. I didn't feel like my skin was pulling taut or anything bad. I was so surprised at what came off when I went over my neck! There was makeup and glitter all over!
Repairing Treatment: Most of the reviews of Proactive that I've read, say this is the best product of the three. It does rub in nicely, but my complaint is- it leaves your face smelling like Proactiv. I don't care for the scent of it, and this product makes the scent linger.  Also- I washed my hands after applying this, and about an hour later, I was rubbing my eyes, and some of this product smeared in my eyes and burned! (I remember this happening the first time I used it.)
Overall though, my face was noticeably clearer, less red, and I had significantly less blemishes when I woke up the next morning, than I did before I used the system.
I did have a dry patch on my nose though. So, I am not the skin type that can use this system daily. I will probably only use it while I shower, but if you have oily skin, I could see this working wonders for you.

The Vox Box was entirely free, and it is entirely free to sign up for Influenster.com. I did not get paid to review these products, but they were provided free of charge in exchange for review on the influenster website. If you haven't signed up for Influenster.com, I highly recommend it!
Influenster Influenster on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.