Sunday, November 6, 2011

Revlon Scented Nail Polish - Beach

Sadly, this is the only picture I captured of this mani. It was my first time using Seche Vite, and it made this mani peel off in sheets a lot sooner than I expected.
Anyway, I got this polish on sale at Rite Aid, for 40% off. I picked this color up because it was identical to the polish I got my nails painted with, the very first time I ever got acrylics- and multiple times after that. The polish was by the brand Jade, called "Never Without You." I think it's been discontinued, because the only place I've seen this is on ebay.
It's a yellow green, but metallic. This formula was no so great though.
I used a unnamed LA Colors White polish as a base, and used 3 coats of Revlon Beach. At two coats, it was very streaky and the white base was still visible.  On my index finger, I didn't apply a white base coat, and had to use 5 coats to get it to match the other nails.
The white I used was pretty sheer, so this would probably be best used over an opaque white.

The scent was so strong the first day, that it started to give me a headache. It smelled like Lemon Lime Cleaning solution- like I'd been cleaning with a bucket and rag all day.  But after the first day, the scent wasn't so obvious- either that or I had gotten used to it.

My boyfriend, who's not that into what kind of nail polish I used- didn't believe me when I said the polish was called, "Beach." I think that name doesn't suite this polish at ALL! I told him I would rename it: Tequila Sunrise, or Lime Light.
Then when I was photographing this, my boyfriend said, what are you saying? It turns out I was saying, "Another Dimension" over and over again- I was actually singing it- it's a line from the Beastie Boy's song "Intergalactic." I couldn't remember the last time I heard that song! I told him I must be subconsciously thinking that would be a great name for this polish!
They so should have named this "Another Dimension!" What do you think?!

On a side note- I'm watching the movie Clueless on TV, and I had no idea Paul Rudd was in this! It's so awesome to see such famous actors/actresses in these older movies! Paul Rudd, Elissa Donovan, Alicia Silverstone, Brittany Murphy...
I love this movie! "Rollin' with my homies..." :)

Since we all know what happened with my Naked Palette drama, I took advantage of the Urban Decay Friends and Family Sale! This is officially my first high end purchase!
I decided on getting the 15 Year Anniversary palette instead! I'm so excited! I also got a Loose eyeshadow pigment on clearance for $1, and a two pack of travel size 24/7 liners in Oil Slick and Rockstar. It should be here this week!! :)
P.S. I've gotten two more followers- so shout out to you lovelies!
FOUR more, and I'm hosting a giveaway! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.