Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My First Gradient Manicure

I bought some cosmetic sponges to try gradient manicures, and it was a lot harder than I expected! I have two quick dry top coats- Seche Vite, and Out The Door, and both of them make my nail polish peel off in sheets in about 3 days.  So, unfortunately this didn't last as long as I would have liked! :( I just picked up a non-quick dry top coat, and hopefully that'll make my mani's last longer. But with this many coats of polish, a quick dry top coat was a must!

I used:
1 coat Nail Life Gripper base coat
3 coats Revlon Blue Lagoon

Then I sponged on Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet,
then OPI Mermaid's Tears,
then Wet and Wild Fast Dry Teal of Fortune.

There wasn't enough glitter at the tips for me, so I added 1 coat of Revlon Blue Mosaic.
Then I realized the gradient wasn't smooth enough, so I added one coat of Wet and Wild Fast Dry Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire to the whole nail.
Then topped it off with 1 coat of Out The Door top coat.

I might try this again soon, because I loved the look, but it was a lot harder than I thought! The sponging wasn't hard, but getting it even was hard.
(I'm not so good with nail art! lol)

I recently ordered 2 NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils from Amazon, one in Milk, and on in Black Bean- I'm excited for them! I can't find NYX anywhere around here!

BUT GUESS WHAT?! ONLY ONE MORE FOLLOWER UNTIL I HOST A GIVEAWAY.
I'm so excited! Are you my last follower?!
I'm not sure what I'm going to include in my giveaway, but I should probably get on that!
I was thinking about a few drugstore items I consider staples, a few ELF items, and maybe some nail polish- I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.