Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Palette came!

My first high end purchase was a success. I am in LOVE with the 15 year palette! It's the perfect blend of neutrals, brights, and darks. Worth the money? I'm not completely sure yet- but I will be getting a ton of use out of it!
I hear it's already sold out on Sephora- so if you want this palette, get it while you can!

The first look I did with it, can easily be recreated with the Wet and Wild Blue Had Me At Hello, as the main shadow colors are similar to colors in that palette.
The shimmery teal, the matte black, and the shimmery navy- in UD terms, I used Deep End, Black Out, and Evidence.
I also used Vanilla as a browbone highlight- but you can use ELF Studio Blush in Gotta Glow or NARS Highlighter in Albatross.
Here's what I use to create the whole look:
Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry Skin 180 Sand Beige
LA Colors Mystic Concealer/Foundation Stick in Beige
Revlon Colorstay Aqua Minerals Finishing Powder in Translucent Light
ELF Studio Blush in Peachy Keen
ELF Essentials Eyelid Primer in Pearl
ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner in Teal Tease as an eyeshadow base
UD Deep End, Evidence, Black Out, Vanilla Eyeshadows
UD 24/7 Pencil Liner in Oil Slick on upper lashline
Wet and Wild Color Icon Shimmer Pencil in Blue on lower lashline
NYC Sky Rise Mascara in Extreme Black
Jemma Kidd Hydrating Gloss Stick in Bridgetown on lips

The second look I did- Was when I decided to go to a vintage car and bike show with my boyfriend. There was a pin up contest, but we left before it started.
Here's the look I did with the palette.
I used Chase all over the lid, Deeper on the outer third of the lid, M.I.A. in the crease and outer V, and Black Out in the outer V. I also added Deeper under the lashline.
(The flash was a little bright, so excuse that. lol)

Good news- Only TWO more blog followers left until I host a GIVEAWAYYY!
(Can you sense my excitement? lol)

5 comments:

  1. I have been debating the 15th anniversary palette for awhile now. Let me know if you think it's worth the dough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Darling- Normally I would say no eyeshadow palette is worth more than $50, but I really wanted this one! Haha. It has neutrals, brights, and darks, and I felt like I'd get a lot of use out of it. Apparently UD is having a 25% off sale from Dec. 6Th til Dec. 10Th, so that would be a great time to get it, if its not sold out. The quality of the shadows are fantastic, but you can't be scared of brights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have this too! Love your eye makeup, I've followed you can't wait to see what else you do with the UDPP15yr palette <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dustyn What a pretty name! I wore the third look I've done with the palette, on yesterday but I worked 12 hours and forgot to snap a picture!
    I'm loving the palette so far! I'll for sure be posting more looks with it- it's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not been on blogger in ages so I'm just now catching up on all of your posts. Both looks you did are gorgeous! The first picture is beautiful, I love those blues and teals, so pretty! And the second one is right up my alley. You look so glamorous! I am in love with your dress/bow combo. Look how cute you are!

    ReplyDelete

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.