Friday, December 9, 2011

Blue and Gold Nails

I decided to paint my nails, but knew I had some cleaning to do.
Welllll, I just threw on a quick dry top coat and hoped for the best.
After about 5 minutes, I started cleaning.
I know, I know, I should have painted my nails after I cleaned, but I got a new polish set the other day that has been screaming at me to use them. (Well not screaming, but you understand. lol)
I got Orly's Birds of a Feather gift set from Sally's Beauty Supply. $8 for 3 full size (amazing) Orly polishes...I was very happy.
I used Sweet Peacock- its a seriously bright blue foil.
Well...it smudged and had knicks all in it.
Instead of taking my manicure off and starting over, I just added a crackle polish over it, whaddyah know- brand new again!
I used 1 coat Orly Bonder Base Coat
2 coats Orly Sweet Peacock
1 coat Out The Door  Quick Dry Topcoat
then I cleaned, smudged, and nicked and added
1 coat Color Club Gold Crackle 
1 more coat of OTD Topcoat

This manicure makes me think of high school because my high school colors were blue and gold...which makes me chant in my head, "Blue and gold, blue and gold!"
I liked this mani because it was a combo I wouldn't normally choose. I only have 2 crackle polishes- white and gold, and I loved how the gold was metallic in the same way the blue base was. What do you think?

Have you entered my giveaway yet?
You should go do that:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.