Monday, October 3, 2011

CVS Nail Polish Haul- Glitter freaking tastic.

              I signed up for the CVS Extra Care Beauty Club online last night, and got an email for 10% off your next purchase- (plus for every $50 you spend towards cosmetics, you get $5 back in register rewards.)

             So armed with my 10% off and my mind on holographic goodness, I went to CVS after work today in search of Milani 3D Holographic polishes.
It's been at least a year since I went to CVS for cosmetics, so I decided to take my time and look at everything!
Unfortunately I didn't find the holographic goodness of 3D.
But instead I found two holographic Wet and Wild Fast Dry polishes!
I've seen these before but I wasn't aware that they were holographic-
maybe CVS just had awesome lighting?!
So for $1.99, I snagged up both of them- Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire, and Hannah Pinktana.

Thennnn I came across a display of polishes from a brand called, "Confetti."
Holy sparkle and glitter.
They had a dupe for Deborah Lippman's "Happy Birthday", and I'm thinking this is also a dupe for OPI's Rainbow Connection.
Either way, because I didn't pick up Milani Gems, I figured I NEEDED this one, so I didn't have to buy Rainbow Connection when it comes out. And the best part?! $1.99!

Thennn I saw that all Revlon nail polishes were on sale: Buy one at $4.99 and get $3 back in register rewards. OH MAN. So I grabbed "Steel Her Heart" from the new metallics collection.



I decided to use the $3 register rewards to buy the other polishes, so my first transaction was $5.33 for the Revlon polishes, but I got $3 back.
My second transaction: SURPRISE! Everything you bought was on sale! Say whhaaaaaattt?!
The WnW polishes were on sale for $1.37 each and the Confetti polish was on sale for $1.89.
Plus 10% off, and $3 register rewards= my second transaction was $1.67.
So with tax, I paid $5.33+$1.67=$7 with tax on all 4 polishes.
I was so excited, even though I wasn't going to spend more than $5 lol

Time for pics!
Confetti Tazmanian Devil

Confetti Tazmanian Devil next to Wet and Wild Fast Dry Party of Five Glitters
L to R: Wet and Wild Fast Dry Hannah Pinktana, Wet and Wild Fast Dry Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire, Revlon Steel Her Heart, Confetti Tasmanian Devil
(No flash)
(Flash)
Thumb: 3 coats of Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire
Index: 3 coats of Hannah Pinktana
Middle: 1 coat Steel Her Heart plus 2 coats of Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire
Ring: 1 coat Steel Her Heart plus (only one) coat of Tazmanian Devil
(That baby is glitter packed!)
Pinky: 1 coat Steel Her Heart

I really wanted holo polishes, a chunky rainbow glitter, and a shimmery gunmetal shade in my collection, and I accomplished all of that today for such a good deal!
The best thing about Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire, is it doubles as a fine holo top coat because the first coat of blue is so sheer.
In. Love.
Do you have any of these?! You should go get them! :P
Sorry, enabling is bad. :)
-A happy, glittery Posh

P.S. When my boyfriend came home from work and I tried to share with him my findings,
 he said, "Can you please give me a minute before you overwhelm me with makeup talk"
So I ran to blog about it, so someone will appreciate my hard sales calculating and my love for glitter. :)
P.P.S. (this is my 75th blog post!)
P.P.P.S I played around with these some more, here's what I came up with:


Pinky: 2 Coats Sinful Colors Gorgeous plus 1 coat Wet and Wild Fast Dry Blue Wants To Be a Millionaire
Ring: 2 coats Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mystic Lilac plus 1 coat Wet and Wild Fast Dry Hannah Pinktana
Middle: 2 Coats OPI Glitzerland plus 1 coat Confetti Tazmanian Devil
Index: 1 Coat Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Bubblegum Pink plus 1 coat Wet and Wild Fast Dry Hannah Pinktana
Thumb: 2 Coats OPI Mermaid's Tears plus 1 coat Wet and Wild Fast Dry Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Ive been looking for that Confetti polish everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so happy and sparkly, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kendall Try your CVS! It's on sale!

    @Nail Nerd Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.