Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Products I regret buying

These are just a few products I've picked up that I either really don't like, the color is wrong for me, or I just don't ever find myself using these products.

1. Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Black Waterproof
I was really disappointed with this mascara. One of my friends uses it and it's her absolute favorite mascara, but it did not work for me. It made my lashes very, very clumpy. It not only clumped my lashes together, but it clumped from the root to tip of my lashes too. I don't know if this is because I got the waterproof formula or not, but it just didn't work for me. I also found the brush really hard to work with, as it grabbed way too much product. The only way I could use it was if I wiped all of the extra product off of each side of the wand.

2. L'oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara
A friend told me how much they love Loreal Telescopic mascara, and after hearing so many youtube gurus talk about it, I figured I'd give it a try. This was pretty expensive to me- around $12. At first, I really liked it because it was so black and it did lengthen my lashes decently. I liked the small brush at first, because it was really easy to get all of my smaller lower lashes on the bottom, but then the wand bent somehow, and it got harder to use it on my top lids. Every time I tried to use it, it smeared somewhere on accident because I had a hard time working with the bent wand. Also, after using this for a few weeks, the formula completely changed and got clumpy. It wasn't worth the money to me- there are far better lenghtening mascaras that are cheaper.

3. Almay One Coat Dial Up Mascara

I'm assuming a lot of others didn't like this product either, because I picked it up at the Dollar Tree for $1, when it retails for around $8-$9. The tube was a pain, because if I wanted it on one of the dials and tried to remove the brush, it always turned to a different dial, while I was pulling the brush out. I did not see any difference between 1, 2 or 3, and it really didn't do anything for my lashes- didn't volumize, lengthen, or anything other than making them black. It was way too clumpy for me to use too, and the brush was a little odd.

4. L.A. Colors Liquid Makeup
I don't know if they make these anymore, or if they are reformulated,  but I picked this up at the Dollar Tree. The tube is so small! About the size of a small concealer tube. Mine is called BLM311 True Beige. This is so sheer and thin, I have no idea who could use this.

5. Donna Michelle Make Up Foundation in 1 Light
I got this at The Dollar Tree also- It is not a foundation- it's really sheer, more like a tinted moisturizer. I never use this for anything.

6. Maybelline Blush in Gentle Rose and Sweetheart Rose

I couldn't find a picture of these, and mine got all crushed and disgusting. These are both really chalky and way too sheer. If you like sheer matte blush, these may be good for you- but they barely showed up on my skintone. They came in a duo, which I'm not sure they make anymore. I think they make the individual shades still though.

7. L'oreal Touch-On Colour Eyes Lips Cheeks in Shimmering Dunes

I bought this hoping I could use it as a lips, eyes, and cheeks product for a really pretty glow to wear to the beach, but the color is so frosty, I can't wear it for any other those uses. I may try to use it as an eyeshadow base, but it does not work by itself.

8. ELF 2 in 1 Conditioning Gloss in Super Model and Fanatic
Fanatic
   Supermodel

These are both so sticky and tacky feeling, they're really uncomfortable on my lips. They almost feel like glue. They're both really sheer and the tube is very messy.

9. ELF Studio Lip Definer and Shaper
I don't know why I bought this, since I don't use lip liner. The definer side is super frosty and shaper side is way too dark for me. I never use this.

10. ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze
I really liked the idea of getting a matte bronzer for contouring, but this is just too dark for me. I may use it as an eyeshadow crease color, but can't use it as a bronzer.

11. Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Light

I bought this after hearing EmilyNoel83 rave about this on youtube, and hearing so many other people say how much they love it- but it really didn't work for me. I felt like it was too hard to blend in, and it didn't do a good job at covering my acne at all. I think I prefer stick type concealers instead of liquid, but I didn't realize it until I used this for a few months and realized how bad my acne was looking after a few hours. I have a lot of this left, and I don't know if I'll use it. I may try it as an eyeshadow or blush base though.

Have you tried any of these products? What was your experience with them?
Another semi-makeup thing I regret buying is Bio Oil- not worth the hype.


3 comments:

  1. I have tried the elf studio 2 in 1 conditioning lip gloss-- got mine at the Dollar Store too, and I do not like it either. Too thick, too sticky. Gloppy, sloppy color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amy I don't get it- I love all of the other Studio glosses I tried! I also picked mine up at The Dollar Tree. You're description is exactly right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really surprised you didn't like the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara, since it is my absolute favorite even out of all my high-end ones! But I suppose everyone's lashes and preferences are different. I have not tried the Hard Candy camouflage concealer but I've had my eye on it for a while, I'm glad you reviewed it because now I'm thinking twice about it! What would be your favorite drug store mascara?

    ReplyDelete

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.