Monday, August 8, 2011

Banana Boat Sun Wear Faces Oil Free SPF 30 Review

I recently switched from using a foundation with SPF protection, to one that doesn't have any SPF.
Since these summer months are on the extreme side, I figured it's best if I wear an SPF under my makeup now.
I've considered looking into a good oil free sunscreen for my face, but it was something I really didn't get around to doing, I kind of forgot!

I saw this Banana Boat sunscreen- get this- at The Dollar Tree for $1. I checked Amazon.com and it retails for $8.11!
What the bottle says:
On the front: New! Made With Essential Organic Botanicals
Banana Boat Sun Wear Face Oil-Free Daily Sunblock Lotion
SPF 30
Ultra sheer, clean feel
Avo Triplex photostable UVA technology
Long Lasting UVA/UVB Protection Age-Defying Complex

On the back: Ban harmful UV rays with your essential every day Sun Wear Faces lotion.  This 100% oil free, ultra sheer sunblock has patented AvoTriplex technology for photostable, high UVA/UVB Protection that won't break down under the sun. The Essential Organic Botanicals formula in enriched with antioxidants and botanicals to help your skin appear more youthful and radiant. Dermatologist tested. Hypoallergenic. Waterproof.

I don't know if lives up to all of it's claims, but this is a great sunscreen for face-use. I'm glad I found it at The Dollar Tree for $1, because I'm not sure that I would pay the $8 for it, since it's such a small tube. (3fl oz) But I suppose it is cheaper than the oil free sunscreen Neutrogena sells. I may go pick up a back up or two of these, if they still have any left!

This blends into my face really well and doesn't feel greasy. It does smell like sunscreen, but the smell disappears after awhile. 
The first time I used it, I mixed ELF Essentials Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal with it, applied a primer (Monistat Chafing Relief Gel Powder) and foundation (Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation) over it, and it didn't alter my makeup at all.
Today, I applied it first, then ELF Studio Tinted Moisturizer in Nude, mixed with ELF Essentials Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal, and it didn't alter my tinted moisturizer either.
Over all, I really like this- and it's something my boyfriend can use too.

I've looked for this at Wal Mart and Food Lion, since I bought it, and I haven't seen it anywhere else.
Do you use a sunscreen daily? I've also been using ELf Studio SPF 45 UVA/UVB Protection Powder daily, but I'm not sure that provides the best protection.

Sunscreen smells and Dollar Tree finds.
-Posh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.