Monday, May 23, 2011

New Covergirl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation

I went to Wal Mart a few nights ago to check out the new liquid foundation from Covergirl, called Natureluxe Liquid Silk.


I've seen commercials for this, and the ad campaign features Taylor Swift.
It was also featured on Cycle 16 of  America's Next Top Model.
I couldn't wait to try this.

I found a display of it at Wal Mart for $9.74. The tube looks small, but it is the same amount as Revlon Colorstay- 1 oz. (But it had SPF 10, compared to Colorstay's SPF 15.)
In the display, there were two coupons. $1 off 1 item, or $3 off 2 items.
This foundation has had so much hype built around it; (Makeupalley's page for it is FULL of BzzAgents who received this as a free product to review) CG seems pretty eager to get this out there, since they aren't ranked very high among makeup lovers when it comes to foundation.

Along with the coupons was two samples! (Yay!)
320 Aspen and 340 Maple
I tore off the sample tab (and made a mess all over the coupon)
and the very first thing I noticed was the smell.
It was horrible.
I usually don't mind heavily scented makeup products, but ohmygosh that smell.
It says "with a touch of cucumber." I did not smell cucumber at all- more like chemicals.
So I rubbed Aspen on my left hand and Maple on my right hand. (I also put a smudge on my chin, and my forearm over a scratch to test coverage.)
...
The smell was so distracting.
Aspen was a pretty decent match, (There are 14 shades) but I couldn't get past the smell!
So I carried Aspen around with me while I looked at a few other items.
I started to get a little bit of a stomach ache and headache and soon realized it was FROM THE SMELL of the foundation.
So, disappointed, I had no choice but to put it back on the new display.
I smelled it the entire time I bought a few groceries, the ride home in the car, and was so relieved to get it off!


This was one of the worst experiences I've had with a makeup product.
The only other makeup product I had to discontinue using due to the smell wasMaybelline Last Stiletto Mascara. My boyfriend could always tell when I was wearing it because the smell was awful to him, and lasted all day. (It never bothered me.)
So this may have scarred me from ever trying another CG liquid foundation again.
:(
Very disappointed.
P.S. I later saw this foundation at Wal Greens for $12.74. (Ridiculous!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty and perfect due to your steady hand.
Apply that lipgloss like it's your job.